Stump Grinding Services in Essex
Stump Grinding is the removal of unwanted stumps of any size that cannot be dug out
Although tree stumps can be left in the ground after felling, this can lead to problems with suckering where new shoots arise from the trunk and roots.
- Completely dead stumps won’t form suckers, but they can play host to root diseases such as honey fungus and, as such, aren’t worth leaving in and taking the risk.
- Physical removal of the stump is the best solution.
- For smaller trees the stumps can be pulled out with a winch. For leverage it is necessary to leave a good-sized stub on the stump rather than cutting it off at ground level.
- Grubbing out by hand or mini-excavator removes the majority of the root system.
Alternatively, Carringtons use stump grinders which mechanically grind out the main root plate, leaving a fine sawdust. This can be left to fill in the hole, used as a mulch in other areas of the garden or taken away.
Carringtons are available for emergency call outs such as making safe of a tree, possibly caused by storm damage, and removing any limbs etc. that may harm property or be a danger to the public.
At the earliest suitable time, we will return to complete the necessary work.
Whether it’s to totally remove the tree from site, or maybe to reshape the crown, depending on the extent of the damage, we will do what is best for the tree and the client, as always.
To arrange for a free consultation, please either;
- Call 01268 565 030 or 07866 872 992 or
- Click Here to Email us direct or
- Click Here to submit your enquiry online
Whether it’s advice on a plant or tree problem, or your garden needs a complete transformation, we can arrange a convenient time to discuss your requirements.
The initial visit will be followed by a written specification and costing for the work to be carried out. Upon acceptance of this quotation, the works will be arranged to be carried out on a suitable date for you.
Professional Landscape Gardening Services in Essex